Hello from North Dakota!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using this site for a few months now and finally decided to create an account. I'm from Northern North Dakota and own a 1997 K1500 and a 1971 Chevy Cheyenne. The 97 is currently under interior renovation so any tips about dyeing, painting, modifying plastics, anything related to interior work is extremely appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The interior paint works good. Cracked plastic dash, is hard to repair, but can be covered easy. I have a carpet dash mat that looks good, and they are cheap, around $35. There are plastic covers for around $150 and they look OE or close to it when done. A lot of guy's fiberglass over there dash, but that's a job. Headliner is not hard to recover after you remove the foam and material from the cardboard backer.The hard part is removing and reinstalling it. OE seat covers are hard to find. If you seats and carpet in good shape, but dirty, they clean up well with carpet cleaner. I shampooed my seats and carpet about 1 month ago, and mine looks great. I used carpet-upholstery cleaner, and a wet carpet cleaner vac, a Bissel. Then I used a shop vac to dry as much as I could, and left all 3 doors open with a fan going for about 3 hours to dry everything. If you are pulling door panels, be sure the plastic clips that hold the panel are the right ones for the truck. There are some out there that will fit, but will not hold for long.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Outlaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, and you have a really clean pickup. I just got a dash and two front seats in really good condition today. I've ordered some SEM paint and I've been cleaning the plastic and everything pretty religiously. The dash I got has the airbag delete, I've noticed a lot of guys on here like that, is it uncommon?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, my truck is in excellent shape, inside, and out, you can see the pics by clicking on my avatar, and then clicking on pictures. I have seen the air bag delete mostly on lesser option trucks, but that's just what I have seen. Through the years, who knows what a previous owner would have done to the truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using this site for a few months now and finally decided to create an account. I'm from Northern North Dakota and own a 1997 K1500 and a 1971 Chevy Cheyenne. The 97 is currently under interior renovation so any tips about dyeing, painting, modifying plastics, anything related to interior work is extremely appreciated!

Welcome!
Check your other thread!

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony