Hello From Louisiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! I think you welcomed me on another site as well!
Ha Ha could be. Like GMtruckclub.com , maybe ??? I am on there also. I post on both forums a good bit. I do like the fact that this forum, is just for GMT 400s. I have owned a GMT 400 since 1999. This one since 2002. I do all my own mechanic work on my trucks except what I can't do like tire balance, front end alignment ECT. I would not rebuild a trans, but have swapped a bunch through the years, and I am not afraid to go into the engine. A friend of mine and myself have replaced the bearings in the Diff. in this truck in 2012, while I had throat cancer. I am cancer free, and have been since Jan, 2013. I had the truck repainted in Oct, 2013.

Last edited:

Charlton

Reaction score
Ha Ha could be. Like GMtruckclub.com , maybe ??? I am on there also. I post on both forums a good bit. I do like the fact that this forum, is just for GMT 400s. I have owned a GMT 400 since 1999. This one since 2002. I do all my own mechanic work on my trucks except what I can't do like tire balance, front end alignment ECT. I would not rebuild a trans, but have swapped a bunch through the years, and I am not afraid to go into the engine. A friend of my and myself have replaced the bearings in the Diff. in this truck in 2012, while I had throat cancer. I am cancer free, and have been since Jan, 2013. I had the truck repainted in Oct, 2013.
Yep that's the forum! I think I'm about the same as you on doing my own repairs. Some things you have to have special tools for and I just can't justify buying them and most likely never use them again. Congrats on getting rid of the cancer man. And your truck looks great!

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep that's the forum! I think I'm about the same as you on doing my own repairs. Some things you have to have special tools for and I just can't justify buying them and most likely never use them again. Congrats on getting rid of the cancer man. And your truck looks great!
Thanks, I have a lot of work in my truck. I have done all the performance mods without going into the engine. It runs as good as it looks. I have pics posted in my profile. It looks like our trucks are close to being the same, but mine is not 4x4. You have got to love these old trucks.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw your rating in my album and your comment. Thanks, like I said I have a lot of work in the truck. It gets comps, and I turn down offers to buy it all the time. With the power locks, windows, cruse, tilt, alarm system with keyless entry, and bluetooth head unit, with a 800 watt amp and a 10 behind the back seat, it makes a real nice daily driver. Best of all I can work on it.