Heater Problem!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trill

Reaction score
This past weekend I broke the fitting that connect from the heater line on the firewall to the rear of the intake. I fixed that problem and the hose popped out of that fitting on the intake. A lot of the engine coolant came out but stopped when I pushed the hose back in the fitting. Had to drive it home and the temperature would run up and then come back down. Run normal for awhile then run up and come back down. Finally filled it back up with water and now my heater wont heat up. My temperature gauge also stays on 100 and wont go up. Let it run for 45 mins with the heater on and it never heated up or came off of 100.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I agree, sounds like an air pocket in the heater core causing no heat. But also check your T-stat, the engine should be about 200-210 degrees and fairly stable. If the truck overheated due to low coolant, the stat could be stuck open.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Put the front of the truck on ramps, or nose it up a bit of an incline when adding the anti-freeze. This is to get the rad cap up higher than the rest of the cooling system. Helps to 'burp' the system from any air pockets.