Heater Quick connector fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Wrapping up inake gaskets on my 1995 7.4l suburban. Installed new napa/dorman heater hose quick connector and its been 10+ years since i had one of these apart.

Do they always feel like a loose fit when the tube is clipped in?

I'm not wanting to fill with coolant or water and find out it leaks like a sieve but also dont have a cooling system tester available.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It does fit a little loose, it relies on the o-ring inside the fitting for seal.
Yeah, seems to floparoumd quite a bit but i guess thats what the bracket holding it at the back of the head is for to limit the movement. Hopefully it seals so my wife doesn't panic over some spilled antifreeze with cats roaming about.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One tip, I don't leave intake holes uncovered. Some act of Murphy, the Devil , Oops will always find its way defiying gravity into an open engine hole.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
One tip, I don't leave intake holes uncovered. Some act of Murphy, the Devil , Oops will always find its way defiying gravity into an open engine hole.
They've been covered at minimum with a clean rag at all times, unless they needed to be open. Currently they are masked off with painters tape while i secure a tbi base gasket and i spend the week visiting family. May have to detour by the parts store for a gasket if I find on in stock along the way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pre-install of the intake but the masking remains on the thermostat and tbi port. Everything else is in place.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think GoToGuy might have been referring to mine, at the time of that photo I did not have my TBI holes on the intake covered or tape up, I have them now taped up.