Heater controls question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question about my heater. It blows like hell on high but on low med it hardly does anything. I went to my local Napa and they said its a common problem with the resistors. They have 2 kinds in stock, a 3 pin and a 5 pin connector. Where do I find mine at to see what one I need?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The resistor is on top of of the HVAC box behind the dash, if you remove the glovebox you can see it on top, it's held in by 7mm screws.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I had the same problem and it ended up being the fan control pigtail on the back of the hvac controls under the radio . It had melted the plug and shorted out , I went to the junkyard and got the wiring plug and pigtail , wired it in and it fixed mine, just something to think about if the resister doesn't fix it .

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks again. i will look into everything. I did a heater core last year too so thats one less other thing to worry about.