Heat smells funny? Kind of musty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do these trucks have a cabin filter on them? I've been trying to search the forums but I feel like the search bar turns up everything and anything related to any word you type in lol.

Well my 95 had this same issue.. so since its actually gettin cold finally up here in MN I've been using my heater and it just has a funny almost musty smell to it. Anyone know of a way to fix this? I thought these trucks had a cabin filter in them and that it probably needs to be changed but cant find anyhing on it. I could've swore I saw a thread about a filter being behind the glove box by the blower motor or something but can't seem to find it. and I havent had time to dig into the truck yet.

Any help would be great!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
As far as I know cabin air filters are a GMT800 only thing. Yes, my GMT900 Tahoe's interior is COVERED in dust consistently. Makes me so mad.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I just found a thread that says they came out in 99 on the nbs. Any ideas on what I could do about the smell besides the obvious air freshners??

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You could remove your dash and the heating/air ducts and clean them out. The smell is most likely caused by contaminants that have coated the inside of those ducts.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oo nice! thanks draggin that was one of the threads I was lookin for I remembered reading a while back. Thanks for the help guys!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bored outta my mind at work so I pulled er in the shop and did it. Hardly any dirt and leaves and **** but I sprayed it down and let it soak for a couple minutes so we'll see if that'll help.