Headlights won't turn on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 1996 K1500. On colder days, if I turn on the headlights, they wouldn't always come on away, there be kind of a buzzing noise and I would have to turn the switch on and off a few times. It's usually fine on warmer days though.

I thought it was something was just going to have to deal with, but I went to turn them on last night and there would be a click behind the switch, and they wouldn't come on. If I hit the dash next to the switch a couple times it would do the buzzing noise. Eventually I got them to start turning on, but they'd come on and turn off on their own right away. When they did come on, they would keep dimming. I tried turning them on a couple minutes ago to see if the warmer weather had any effect on it, but they wouldn't come on. Through out of it, the running lights would work just fine, it's just the head lights.

Could the switch be bad? Any suggestions on what to check and out to check it?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the symptoms you mentioned sound like a bad switch. Replace it. they aren't expensive and very simple to replace.