Headlight adjusting screw turns freely & adjust nothing..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamf93

Reaction score
I been having the new headlamps since the summer & I've never thought about adjust them until I got my hid's...well I adjust the passengerside perfectly but the adjust screw on the driver headlamp just turns freely & doesn't adjust anything...Is the screw off-track or is the trick to doing it?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
The adjustment screw might be off track. Pull the headlight out of the braket (two small screws, I believe you need a 5 or 7 mm wrench). Anyways check the small housing where the vertical adjustment screw meets the horizontal one that goes to your housing. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyways, sometimes that housing can separate since it's two pieces. Just push it back together and see if that fixes it, if it does, glue the edge or seal it together somehow. If that doesn't help, then you're gonna have to turn the actual screw going to the housing from the bracket.

bamf93

Reaction score
I had a feeling that it might be off track...It's a pain in the butt to get to those two screws...I'll take it off friday & if it doesn't go as planned, i'll take pics to get a lil bit more help...thanks for the support..