Headers to stock Y-Pipe, collector gasket size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Ball end seals GREAT!!!!!!!! no gaskets no leaks.

My ebay are the 2nd link from tuning pros and they went right in place of my manifolds perfectly NO leaks at all. That is exactly why I tell everyone to get them.

With stock y-pipe, correct?! Can never get a straight answer lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No mine did not have stock y-pipe it had been cut and made duals but the way I see it if you have manifolds regardless of what they are hooked to, then these bolt in place of manifolds so that should work with stock y-pipe or whatever, mine worked great.

The only way ball end is going to leak is if they have a bend or dent in the ball or if the pipes are not laying halfway straight on them.

Mine may have a 3 inch bolt flange at the bolts, like a 3 inch header but that ball end tapers way down.

The ONLY time mine leaked was when I lost 2 nuts holding them on, then they leaked at the collectors.

I would not want to tellanyone wrong or something that wouldn't work, but from the way I see it I would definately think if they replace manifolds they'd work fine. Mine worked great and I'vwe never had a problem with them at all.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
No mine did not have stock y-pipe it had been cut and made duals but the way I see it if you have manifolds regardless of what they are hooked to, then these bolt in place of manifolds so that should work with stock y-pipe or whatever, mine worked great.

The only way ball end is going to leak is if they have a bend or dent in the ball or if the pipes are not laying halfway straight on them.

Mine may have a 3 inch bolt flange at the bolts, like a 3 inch header but that ball end tapers way down.

The ONLY time mine leaked was when I lost 2 nuts holding them on, then they leaked at the collectors.

I would not want to tellanyone wrong or something that wouldn't work, but from the way I see it I would definately think if they replace manifolds they'd work fine. Mine worked great and I'vwe never had a problem with them at all.

Okay, thanks man. Well I'll go ahead and order them, if it doesn't directly bolt on, I'll get the reducer or whatever and pull the y-pipe. Cut flanges off and get the others welded on.
Atleast then everyone will know, lol.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hatet he stock y-pipe. When I need a new one or new headers, Im going with an aftermarket, larger one with ball and socket connections. The factory 3flange is horrible and never seals.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir that jegs offroad ypipe will bolt directly up to this headers here.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g9014/applications/make/chevrolet?prefilter=1 or if you want to find a cheaper set just make sure they have stock flange, those ebay headers will bolt right to the offroad ypipe as well. you can get any header to seal just take your time and make sure you tighten the bolts evenly.Knock on wood my ball and socket headers really arent bad just a personal preference i guess,but that off road ypipe did help out alittle felt alittle stronger on bottem end if i was to do it again,with out a doubt i would buy longtubes.