Headers to stock Y-Pipe, collector gasket size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Looking on jegs for headers... I see some are a 2.5" collector, some are a 3", some have options of coming with a Y-pipe to complete installation..

I'm looking for a set of headers to replace my stock exhaust manifolds and keeping stock y-pipe.. What is the collector size from manifolds to y-pipe?

Don't want to be stuck with the wrong size and be forced to buy more stuff to fix my own incompetency -.-

Thanks guys..

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
buy the ebay stainless with a ball end, no lower gasket is used on them. That is what I have and they bolted right in place of my manifolds minus the AIR pipe fitting.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm tired of the loud a$$ puff puff noise right below my feet when I'm driving. It's time to fix it. I was going to hold off till I did my headers but its driving me insane

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even if you buy headers with a 3 bolt flange they seal alot better then ball and socket ones,all youll have to do is cut off the stock ypipe flange and weld on 3 bolt header reducers if you buy the flowtech headers they come with them.i had these on my old tbi350.i liked them,nice fat flanges and had no problems sealing.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Ball end seals GREAT!!!!!!!! no gaskets no leaks.

My ebay are the 2nd link from tuning pros and they went right in place of my manifolds perfectly NO leaks at all. That is exactly why I tell everyone to get them.