Hard time starting after truck sits for a couple days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
So now that the weather's nice, I've been riding my bike to work more and the truck sits for 3-5 days at a time. When I got to start it it just cranks. It usually starts after a couple tries though. Today it fought me for 10 mins before it fired up. It'll start instantly every time after the initial start up. it's a 4.3L and it recently had an intake gasket put on it so maybe the timing? Or also the fuel pressure regulator? IDK, any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
no codes, 60k on truck. supposed to have done new plugs, wires and cap when the intake gasket was replaced

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man to be honest I'd have to put a live data scanner on it first before I would say what it is, and I would also borrow a fuel pressure gauge and check out the pressure at the schraeder valve to see if it's in spec.

CapnCrunch53

Reaction score
I definitely second getting or borrowing a fuel pressure gauge. I just went through this on my fairly new (to me) truck that I got in April, it got harder and harder to start in the morning, it got so bad that it was taking me 15 minutes of priming and cranking it for it to start. I had the shop replace the fuel pump for me and it's all good now.