Hard and Early Shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

It seems to me that my tranny shifts too early (low rpms) into second gear and maybe a tad early into third. Even when trying to accelerate fast. It's like the vehicle is just getting going and it shifts and seems to bog it down. Also, the shifts in all gears are very hard. The previous owner had it rebuilt about 5k miles ago. Is there some kind of computer shift point that needs to be changed? Line pressure adjustment? Just doesn't seem right the way it is.

Brad

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What transmission do you have? What truck is it in? Need more info.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was hoping my signature said it all. I'm not sure what model the tranny is. Did my rig come with more than one possibility?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I was on my phone so I didn't see the signature. I'm assuming it's a 4L60E. I don't think they ever paired a 4L80E with a 350 in a K1500 chassis. I could be wrong though...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're programmed to shift pretty early, how's WOT? It's possible there was a shift kit installed or that the pressure control solenoid was monkeyed with. There is an adjustment that shifts base pressures across the board on them. Have you driven another like vehicle to compare to?

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not driven another for comparison. Maybe I'll take it to a shop and seen what they say. Could be normal for this rig.