Hand-me-down '96 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Eveready, the truck sits as I got it. Funny thing is, step-dad never used the truck to do anything. He drove it to coffee in the morning & errands around town occasionally, so there's never been anything strapped to anywhere on the truck!

I guess whoever installed the toolbox didn't want to waste the front tie-downs and that is how they got added to the toolbox. Interesting idea. Glad you are bringing back what appears to be a nice truck. With some TLC it will last a long time.

Rob13

Reaction score
New thermo & ECT sensor installed. Temp gauge working as it should again.

One thing I never noticed before: The oil pressure gauge. All I’ve ever seen is 40psi all the time. A couple of weeks ago, the wife & I were taking a drive & as I merged onto the highway, we heard a small “pop” & smelled some burning oil.

I limped the truck home, but there was no loss of power or smoke on the way. Checked under hood, no oil, no leak I could find at all. There is NO LEAK that I can find at all!

Ever since then, however, maybe because I’m just now REALLY paying attention to the oil pressure gauge, I notice it reads 40psi at start up & while reaching normal operating temp, but once it’s up around 190/200*, the oil pressure drops to just under 20psi (at idle). Under load, say 30-60mph, the gauge reads 40psi pretty constant.

Is this normal?

Last edited: