haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really Dragit? Txsreb posted a thread of a guy who put a 12V Cummins into a suburban with no support mods to the frame.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it would be kinda heavy on the front end, but with an sas... there would be no problem

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha this guy had stock IFS on a suburban and put a cummins in it??? The oil pan was less than an inch from it but it fit. He made no comments about the weight factor but he did it.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh iv no doubt seen it done quit a few times but if you search around its not so much the suspension they say the frame its self if what it stresses. Now iv never seen any proof of this just what iv read. Its no my list of one day mods so hope its not an issue.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
update i picked up the my p-pump 12valve, tranny, ecm and my fuel tank:) still trying to get everytihng together..this project might take a lil longer than i projected due to my outstanding warrent i had to pay off -_-..

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha this guy had stock IFS on a suburban and put a cummins in it??? The oil pan was less than an inch from it but it fit. He made no comments about the weight factor but he did it.

yess, it can be done with ifs... but its a perfect exuse to do an sas :)

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Thanks for correcting me, That's how much I give a rats ******** about Isuzu :D :lol:

Don't hate on Isuzu. They had some of the best engineers and were pretty advanced as far as diesel technology back in the day.

Is this is coming from a Cummins nut with a 12v swapped 3500HD.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
:lol: an alison would have to be built just to hold up to that cummins you were talking about, alisons are junkif you have anything more than an exhasut and a little program, they will slip like a ****, but... dodge trannies ar worse, annyways, as ive said before, id love to have a dmax, but if someone cam up to me and offered me a 06 LBZ dmax or an 03 common rail, id much rather take the cummins... it makes decent tq stock, and ive seen what they do with a programmer, 50 injector nozzles, exhaust and intake... only dually ive ever seen that bent his traction bars

Where are you getting your information? I have several friends with stock allison trannys on there 12 valves that they race that are p pumped, 200 horse injectors, bigger turbo, exhaust, and intake that have no issues with them

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you getting your information? I have several friends with stock allison trannys on there 12 valves that they race that are p pumped, 200 horse injectors, bigger turbo, exhaust, and intake that have no issues with them

X2...

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm gonna go against the flow here and pick the 7.3 International engine in either a 1999-2003 F-250 or F-350 for my diesel.