haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea what's with all the hate? I just could fathom putting a motor associated with dodge in a CHEVY. Lol it's just my opinion and I respect everyone else's. NBS_lover_kekeke PM sent!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Solid94 I'm with you on that. I sure do respect dodge but CUMMINS is THE diesel engine. It's like the built suncoast of transmissions. It could be the best in the world though and it wouldn't matter, I'd still want that LBZ duramax under my hood :handshake:

fixed... but for me it wouldbe minus the last statement... you've never ridden in a truck till you've rode in one with the power of a cummins with a few mods :)

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love GM trucks, love the Allison transmission.....but Id go old school cummins all the way. In my opinions, diesels should be inline engines, you cant beat the for strength and lack of vibration. I wouldnt in a thousand years buy a Dodge truck, theyre a horrible POS, interiors are bad, front ends are bad.....ewwww. I dont mind the duramax, its a good engine, but between the Cummins and the Duramax....Ill take the Cummins all day.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im a die hard chevy guy and so is my whole family but give me a cummins over a dmax any day.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
12 valve with p pump, and 200 horse injectors with an upgraded turbo will outrun any duramax. A 12 valve and allison trans is the perfect combination because both are pretty much indestructible. I can get a 12 valve for bout $1000 and have a friend that is a diesel mechanic and has done the conversion before and have talked to him about doing the conversion I just have other stuff I need to do first.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: an alison would have to be built just to hold up to that cummins you were talking about, alisons are junkif you have anything more than an exhasut and a little program, they will slip like a ****, but... dodge trannies ar worse, annyways, as ive said before, id love to have a dmax, but if someone cam up to me and offered me a 06 LBZ dmax or an 03 common rail, id much rather take the cummins... it makes decent tq stock, and ive seen what they do with a programmer, 50 injector nozzles, exhaust and intake... only dually ive ever seen that bent his traction bars

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked into a cummins swap a few years ago when I got my truck but the general conclusion I found as no way will a half ton frame take the weight of the cummins. So im not really sure what you'd have to do?