Grille Change Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1996 Chevy K1500 with the chevy grill and headlights. (Silverado Z71; i dont know if it makes a difference) ive tried to do some research on it and i cant find a straight answer. I also went through the sticky thread of the other members Tahoe and couldnt find an answer there either. I just want the GMC Billet grill i like the look of that much more than the chevy grill. Would there be any fab work needed or is it completely interchangeable?
-----I appreciate any help, Thanks guys!

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll need new corner lenses too, swapping between GMC and Chevy.

Richard
Not if you can find a GMC grill with markers in it already. Then it's a handful of screws to remove and unplug some bulbs. Slap the GMC grill right in. Just be careful if the clips securing the grill to the lower valance at the top of the bumper.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all the help guys and any recommendations on the billet insert? I dont mind doing a little fabrication but im not the best. I really do appreciate it though.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
The grilles swap right in. You can use your existing headlights. The park lights and corner lights do not interchange though.

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
The grilles swap right in. You can use your existing headlights. The park lights and corner lights do not interchange though.

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.
Park lights are the same..

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk