Greetings from Monterey Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself and share with you my truck. It's a 96 5.0, bought if it two years ago. I'm not quite sure what lowering set up it has but it looks like a 3/4 maybe a 4/5. It was lowered already when I purchased it and I can't really tell if it has lowering springs or drop spindle up front, maybe both? It does look like it has two leaf springs missing in the back.

Funny thing, when I purchased it about a week after owning it I got rear ended by a tree service truck. Luckily, the only real damage was the tailgate and the camper shell it had at the time. Insurance ended up paying it off. I went to the junk yard and to my luck I found a decent tailgate the same color. Ever since I've been doing some minor things to it. New lights front and back, led interior, had some 15" Pacer wheels and as of today I bought some 20" iroc wheels. I haven't really seen too many pictures of these trucks with the polished/black wheel combo. I ended up with 245/45/20 all the way around, the front is perfect and maybe down the road I'll get spacers in the back or wider tires. Either way I really like them.

I'll take better pictures when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Oscar

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from Missouri! I like the truck!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice ride