Grant Custom Steering wheel than the stock 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwayne

Reaction score
I have a Clean 97 Tahoe and i always had a Custom steering wheel in my vehicles and i am thinking about changing my stock steering wheel to a Grant Mohogany one
but i got the air bag system in the wheel and side air bag and i was wondering is there a by pass relay switch to disconnect it, also every time i go to the auto parts stores i get the fluff about i cant change the steering wheel in my Tahoe so if anybody here knows some good idea's on how i can do this is very welcomed also if you do what custom steering adapter to use and bypass relay switch to get if there is one thanks.

Dwayne

Reaction score
Wow looks good what kit you used i got the same set up

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Earlier Chevy Kit ... 88 - 94 Chevy/GMCs ... just have to make a few modifications ...

get the airbag guts out of the sterring sector and trim the cover bowl ... may have to manually turn off your signal lights every now and then and come up with a new horn gadget ... but the looks are worth it !!! Drives better to ...

stantheman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres mine, but with a BAD wheel. I just removed the front of the clockspring and the guts. Dont have to manually shut off blinkers. and I think my horn fuse blew though, didnt have to do anything special to it I dont believe.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I have changed several of them, I first unhook the battery then unplug all electrical connection's related to the SRS system, then remove the airbag, steering wheel, and clock spring, then use the 95+ adapter and put on your new steering wheel.

Dwayne

Reaction score
Thanks everybody i will take all of these ideas in account, i just installed the blue dash and blacked front headlights and as we speak putting in another 4L60E until i get my rebuild back on the 4L80 trans. Will indefinably do that Draggin95 because i always had a Custom wheel, il save the stock one in case also i am wondering if those airbags worth anything? Thanks fellas...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: