Got my '88 back! After 8 years of separation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm a few months late to the party, but damn. Awesome you got your truck back. Definitely once in a lifetime event there. A buddy of mine sold his 79 Silverado a few years ago and wants it back, constantly talks about it. I told him he would regret selling it.... I was right.

I couldn't sell my 88. I thought about it once before the SAS, and it's replacement would have been a jeep. Glad those thoughts weren't around long. That truck will have to be pried from my cold, lifeless hands.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this post originally. Very cool story, glad you got the truck back after so long! I could never sell mine either, I've had thoughts before of trading it for a Dmax, but those thoughts go away after having the vision of driving away and leaving her behind.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Nice, did you get ajything else done in the last year with it?

Nothing at all. I just wanted to get it back. this project is somewhat far off. Other than collecting parts, nothing has been done. What you can't see are two front fenders on the other side of the bed in that pic. I would have taken the doors off of the donor truck too, but they were rusted. I do however, already have 2 good doors for it.
In my travels searching for parts for my other trucks, I come across the stuff I need to redo the 88 back to original, and I can't pass them up. because I know I'll never find this stuff again, so I don't let them go. So for the short term, in the interest of freeing up space, I need to put these parts on the truck. A friend is interested in the stepside bed, if he doesn't take it, it goes on CL with the rest of the stuff that comes off.

whatre the plans for her?

I want resto mod it basically. Stock appearing, larger steel wheels, lower, with a six speed and a 383 stroker. (I want it to look original stock under the hood too)

This is it when I purchased it new in July of 1988...
You must be registered for see images attach

This is going to be a sweet truck! dont you have enough Badass trucks ?!

No...Never.

But this one is not leaving my posession again. the others can go, but this one stays. I have so much history with this truck, and its kind of iconic in this area as it it was one of the first custom 2wd sport trucks in the northeast.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Looks like you got sweet plans! 383 with 6 speed, its exacly my plans! But you should promise me that if your dually goes for sale, you message me first :)