got me a new stereo..question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i bought a new stereo for the yuke.i wanted a double din but cant afford it right now so i got a pioneer mvh-p8200bt. this one doesnt play CD's but i does have provision for an SDcard wich i love!! i also has a front input for usb/ipod/iphone and its got a nice little 3" screen for photos and movies but im not planning on watching anything on it its just too small, but i do want to connect a back up camera to it but the only thing is the stupid parking brake wire how do i bypass it? (its not hooked up right now) or does it need to be bypassed for a back up camera? and how would i connect a back up camera so it shows on my screen do i have to some how tap into my reverse wires or where do i tap? ive done my research and found some info about bypassing it but havent found anything about conneting a camera to it dont even know if its possible.... let me know what u guys think about my stereo i got a really good deal on it. :dancingpoop:

You must be registered for see images attach

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
It has to have a video input to hook up to a camera.
As for the parking brake wire: ground it to bypass it.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has to have a video input to hook up to a camera.
As for the parking brake wire: ground it to bypass it.

yea i didnt even check lol.. as for the brake wire, ive been reading that you need to have hook up to some kind of relay or a switch but i should try grounding it though just like that dont wanna burn anythikng up

edit: i just checked and it does have a rca video input., so now im thinking what about if i wanna install the camera so i can be able to use it on the fly? know what i mean? like have it so i can just watch it when ever like when im driving or backing up or standing still instead of just in reverse. like having it switched or something.. is that even possible?

Last edited:

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Look at the instructions. Do they show it being hooked directly to the parking brake wire in a drawing?

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I would imagine you could. Then you could get rid of the rear view mirror. I never liked seeing them just hanging there.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright im gonna give grounding the wire a try see if that works its just dangling there anyway, im also thinking that i can have my camera on all the time and the only thing i gotta do is just hit the source button on the headunit. so maybe if i tap the power wire from the camera to the stereo remote would that turn the camera on everytime the stereo turns on? or where can i tap to have the camera on all the time? except when truck is off ofcourse.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a question about this unit. can the ipod connect to the back of it so i can just toss it in the glove box?