good way to adjust a hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fiberglass? Good luck man. :(

The front is off more and you would normally adjust it down simply by turning in the little bumpers on each end of the core support, but it's also got an apparent upwards warp where only the edges are too high; from what I can see it's flush with your grille except at the ends.

I would send that **** back.

Or, maybe...maybe it's shoving up like that because you haven't adjusted the bumpers down yet and they're forcing it up at the ends?

Richard

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fiberglass? Good luck man. :(

The front is off more and you would normally adjust it down simply by turning in the little bumpers on each end of the core support, but it's also got an apparent upwards warp where only the edges are too high; from what I can see it's flush with your grille except at the ends.

I would send that **** back.

Or, maybe...maybe it's shoving up like that because you haven't adjusted the bumpers down yet and they're forcing it up at the ends?

Richard

I bought it used. It did fit great on his truck. I wonder if you can flex the hood into place.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I hate to say, but that is why autobody shops get paid good money to install parts like this.

To fix the height at the rear, the hood hinges would have to be bent to have the hood sit lower. Is it fiberglass?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I think the center at the front is a bit too low, and causing the sides to be high as well. Perhaps try adjusting your hood latch some so the hood sits higher, and adjust the rubber bumpers on the sides down.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that is what I had to do to mine to get the fit rite.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you gently put pressure on the front of the hood does it go down in place? Not crazy pressure but does it go down and then spring back up? If so you might be able to put hood pins to hold it down in place.