Good shorty headers for 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Next time I need headers, Im going with flowtech.

I did a little research last night and found they are made by Holley. I am still not sure of how good they actually are. I'm hoping someone who actually has some mounted and maybe had them awhile can chime in at some point LoL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Sub'd to see how the flowtechs do. Are you gonna run them out of box as is, or strip them and use a high temp header paint? $150 seems like a good deal IMO. If they last a few years it'll be worth it to me. I'm asking for a set for my birthday next month :)

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my shorty Gibson's. although I like the price I paid to... lol. Junk yard find. Twenty something bucks....... lol.

But anyway they bolted up great although like any headers that rear passenger bolt is a pain in the arse. But I like them so far. Next I gotta fix the bottle necked exhaust the previous owner did and to the TBI mods. Then my truck should wake up a bit more..

Sent from what use to be a great country.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i bought flowtechs for my 88. the flange wouldnt clear the coolant sensor on the drivers side header on the side of the block so i had to notch it. the fit well though. i had my friend ceramic coat them for 5 bucks. the gaskets that come with them are garbage i swapped those out immediately.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
A buddy of mine put Flowtech long tubes on his 86 full-size Blazer and they are pretty nice. The coating burns off really quick so I'd suggest giving them multiple coats of header paint. Can't beat the price either, he got them for around $200

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
A buddy of mine put Flowtech long tubes on his 86 full-size Blazer and they are pretty nice. The coating burns off really quick so I'd suggest giving them multiple coats of header paint. Can't beat the price either, he got them for around $200

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Also good to know. I wonder if red header paint would discolor?

g_0115

Reaction score
Hey jd on my set of hedman long tube headers I put rustoleum high heat spray paint about 5 months ago and they still look good even though I did it when they were already installed but I got most of it

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
header paint will discolor over time ive found out. or itll just burn off. either have them powdercoated or dipped or something. and oil pressure wouldnt be on the side of the drivers head.