going to do some ultimate tbi mods sometime soon, hat do you guys use to cut and smoo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to have to do a tbi rebuild on mine due to running issues and flooding out, thinking of cutting the edges off and smoothing it all out while I'm at it. Also considering maybe trimming down the shafts.

I know I've seen dremel mentioned and air grinders, I got both, preffer the dremel due to air and such.

But I see some say some fast speed cutting and crap well what does dremel call them or what do I look for at the parts/hardware stores to get it done?

I got cone shaped stones and what not for my angle air grinder, and then I used to have sand paper rolls for the dremel.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a 4 1/2 inch grinder to get the majority of it. Then used a Dremel with a grinding stone to finish. Then used a 60 grit roll to smooth everything out.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
already started on mine, used a big huge grinder on it, like a 8 or 9 inch maybe 7, lik eone you could use as a buffer lol. Then I used some stones I had from a die grinder/gasket remover set, actual stone grinding bits, then an old grinding disc I had for the die grinder, it was fairly fine not sure on grit since it was old and used.