Going on a road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I'm going on a road trip in the next couple of months from South Carolina to Washington state. Throwing a line out to see if anyone has something interesting along the way. I plan on starting the trip in late September, but that might change.

I'm interested in:

96+ dash
Undamaged newer style GMC grill
Any black seats (doesn't have to be from a gmt400, as long as I can make them fit)
Center console (gmt400 or gmt800) I'd really like to find a denali floor console
Grill guard
High output alternator
Underhood reel light
Underhood storage box
Water methanol components
454 radiator
Speakers (4x6 and sub(s))
Sub box
2 DIN radio with navigation
14 bolt rear end with 4.11 gears

Or anything else interesting. Post up what you have, I don't mind making detours along the way

Thanks y'all

Awest623

Reaction score
Also:
front 8.25 differential with 4.11 gears
Excellant condition mirrors (normal power mirrors or powered tow mirrors)
4.11 ring and pinion sets

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I'm not along the way, nor do I have any of those cool goodies you're shopping for, but what's the reason of your travels? Good terms/touring/sight seeing I hope?

Awest623

Reaction score
I'm not along the way, nor do I have any of those cool goodies you're shopping for, but what's the reason of your travels? Good terms/touring/sight seeing I hope?
I'm moving duty stations from South Korea to Washington. Taking leave in South Carolina because all my stuff (including my truck) is there.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont have any of those parts either but I live in the Seattle area and can tell you that the boneyards up here have plenty of gmt400s.
Just the 4 "Pick nPull" lots have 25 of them and, if you are going to JBLM there is a pick n pull 5 minutes from the main gate. It has 8 or 10 of them.
And, since the sun dont shine for about 8 months out of the year, finding good interior parts is pretty easy.
We also dont have harsh winters and we dont salt the roads so even junk yard trucks are rust free.
People scrap trucks up here that would be considered damn near cherry cream puff in the midwest.
Its also kinda hard to find one for sale because we are still driving them.
Welcome to the PNW bud, its wierd but awesome too!

Awest623

Reaction score
I dont have any of those parts either but I live in the Seattle area and can tell you that the boneyards up here have plenty of gmt400s.
Just the 4 "Pick nPull" lots have 25 of them and, if you are going to JBLM there is a pick n pull 5 minutes from the main gate. It has 8 or 10 of them.
And, since the sun dont shine for about 8 months out of the year, finding good interior parts is pretty easy.
We also dont have harsh winters and we dont salt the roads so even junk yard trucks are rust free.
People scrap trucks up here that would be considered damn near cherry cream puff in the midwest.
Its also kinda hard to find one for sale because we are still driving them.
Welcome to the PNW bud, its wierd but awesome too!

Thanks man. That sounds great. Going to JBLM. Being from South Carolina my truck has zero rust. But the dash has just fallen apart from getting sunbaked. Lots of rust free trucks in the scrap yards in SC but they're all sunbaked too.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. That sounds great. Going to JBLM. Being from South Carolina my truck has zero rust. But the dash has just fallen apart from getting sunbaked. Lots of rust free trucks in the scrap yards in SC but they're all sunbaked too.

We are kinda junkyard spoiled up here. Not enough sun to bake anything. You will have 2 more pick n pulls south of you within 20 miles and 2 more north of you
Plus a bunch of other yards.
Learn the shortcuts out of the east side of JBLM to get around the traffic on I5
That area is where I grew up and I lived there untill a few years ago so give me a yell if you are looking for anything

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
We are kinda junkyard spoiled up here. Not enough sun to bake anything. You will have 2 more pick n pulls south of you within 20 miles and 2 more north of you
Plus a bunch of other yards.
Learn the shortcuts out of the east side of JBLM to get around the traffic on I5
That area is where I grew up and I lived there untill a few years ago so give me a yell if you are looking for anything
Sure wish I could head up that way at some point and snag a 94 dash and door panels lol. That's one thing to dislike about Texas... NO good interior parts.