GMT800 SUV Rear suspension in a GMT400 Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HooliganC2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 1990 c2500 light duty has a rear axle out of a 97 tahoe 4x4 with posi. only problem I have is my odometer is off by 10 miles or so. 70 mph on gushed. clicked at 85 mph.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 (in sig) = 4/7 drop.
Full urethane body mount & suspension kit.
Belltech shocks.
Modded rear leafs.
Aftermarket fr. & rr, sway bars.
20" Toyo Proxes II.

According to my G-Tech Pro, .97 of a 'G' on a skid pad. Figure 'real world' is .92 -.93. Not bad for a truck, considering the new 'Vettes are hitting 1.02 'G's.
Limiting factor to reaching a full 'G' is the tires (need MORE sticky!) & the shocks, (some Steeda QA1 dbl. adjustables will fix that up.)
With this set-up, & the helper bags that it used to have, I still used it as truck.

fjr1320

Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs guys. I will look into the truck arms as this is what I want. I plan on eventually installing a LS3 (or the iron block) engine, some juice and try and get the truck around 12.5 in the 1320... But that is a ways down the road.

Massey

Ok you said that you wanted the truck to handle better but you also said that you wanted it to go down the quarter so which are you shooting for? (i mean you can have a vehicle that does both but just trying to help in the simplest way) If getting down the blacktop is what you're wanting to do, I cant think of anything better than getting a set of Assassin traction bars. They are basically like a Caltrac bar but instead of pushing down on the leaf and making the leafs prone to bending, the Assassins pull down on the leaf spring. Its just a plus that they have WAY more adjustments than Caltracs and in most cases, they are cheaper than Caltracs too. I have a set of Assassins on my drag vehicle ('88 s15 Jimmy/ mid 10's before the bottle....) and i gotta say that i absolutely love them. The customer service is second to none. However i have no experience with them on anything designed to be used for a truck still but im sure that you could just unbolt the bar part whenever you tow/haul something and it would basically be stock again.