GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the Tbar setup that another member posted in a post.
You must be registered for see images attach

You will want to jack the front end of the truck up, it will make turning the bolt easier, use some penetrant too if needed. If memory is right it is a 18mm socket that you need.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
so turning one bolt makes would jack up the truck? sorry im not trying to be annoying or dumb i just purchased my 6" lift and they put it on. how would you know when you have reached 1.5"?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
There is a bolt on each side in the crossmember...just turn them some to raise the front end and then maybe drive around the bock to let it settle...take before and after measurements to the fender to see how much you've cranked but usually 1 turn=1 inch IIRC

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get a 4 or 6 inch suspension lift for a 92 K2500 for around the price of an ebay rcx 1/2 ton lift? approx. $999Also is there any difference in the kit for 6 lug and 8 lug?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get a 4 or 6 inch suspension lift for a 92 K2500 for around the price of an ebay rcx 1/2 ton lift? approx. $999Also is there any difference in the kit for 6 lug and 8 lug?

Major differences between the two, bigger diff on the 8 lug, bigger hubs, diff mounts way differently. Thus 1/2 ton kits will not work. Pro comp and sky jacker are the only ones who offer kits for the 8 lug trucks and both are over 2k in price.