GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vman

Reaction score
How many of these companies still make a lift kit for 8 lug trucks with cast lower control arms?

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked through this thread and didn't see any that were just cranked.
What could someone put tire wise with some trimming.
Any pics would be killer too.
I have a 99 Yukon 4X4

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that I will most likely spend another $500 on little odds and ends after I install a 6" lift on my 98 2d Tahoe?

I figure I will need to replace most of the front end components while I have most if it taken apart. buying good components will run a couple hundred $
I will also need to have my exhaust modified or replaced. I just installed a Magnaflow stainless ypipe which will have to be cut up.
With my truck having a short wheel base, I would think I will need to lengthen the drive shaft. True or False....

Jizanthapus

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that I will most likely spend another $500 on little odds and ends after I install a 6" lift on my 98 2d Tahoe?

I figure I will need to replace most of the front end components while I have most if it taken apart. buying good components will run a couple hundred $
I will also need to have my exhaust modified or replaced. I just installed a Magnaflow stainless ypipe which will have to be cut up.
With my truck having a short wheel base, I would think I will need to lengthen the drive shaft. True or False....

Depends what comes with your kit. I was lucky and got one of the last Fabtech 7/6 inch lifts for the 2wd (for my Tahoe) and it was just a bolt in deal. It was expensive, so it should have come with everything.

You can get away with a 6" lift in the rear without lengthening anything or cutting. After that, you have to start modding. You'll ware your driveshaft joint quicker.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked through this thread and didn't see any that were just cranked.
What could someone put tire wise with some trimming.
Any pics would be killer too.
I have a 99 Yukon 4X4

I've ran just cranked before and with a little trimming I ran a 33/12.50/R15 can't remember the offset but it was way negative any ways here's a pic of how it wound up looking

You must be registered for see images attach