GM TopKick Instrument Cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
It never dawned on me until a few days ago but GM Top Kick trucks have the '88-'94 dash but also a tach. Guess even in 1988 they had a tach as well. Also noteworthy is the climate control panel which is black, perhaps those also run off the old 8v signal? If it does, it would allow us earlier guys to finally have a recirc button.. Look at the pic:
You must be registered for see images attach

But my main concern is with the TopKick cluster, has anyone tried that swap before or taken one apart to see if they'll work in our trucks?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swear I've seen one of those topkick clusters in a military surplus truck at auction a long time ago, or at least something similar.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I dig the way they look, just hoping to get someone to chime in if they have the same pin pattern, if they fit and such.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the early yrs automatically go to recirc on full cold

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Topkicks I saw in a junkyard had the dash cubbies in the middle, dual coat hooks in the rear headliner molding (also seen on later 400's) and a nifty red light strip above the speedo. It looks like the red light strip is a separate piece, I thought about repurposing it for something else.
Unfortunately I only got the cubby, the yard was sold and all will be crushed.
I never thought about the hooks until a week later when I had to travel to a funeral. Hanging the suit on the B pillar hooks is not great for the passenger. Rear hooks and hang the suit behind the seat would be great.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the top kicks I've drove also have a built in air psi gauge in the cluster if that bothers you. And I seem to remember the techs going to like 3k rpms lol. 3126 cats didnt crank very high, or very fast.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
All the top kicks I've drove also have a built in air psi gauge in the cluster if that bothers you. And I seem to remember the techs going to like 3k rpms lol. 3126 cats didnt crank very high, or very fast.

Not all of them are Cats. They used the 366 and 454 Big Blocks as well.

SmurphN65

Reaction score
The gauge bezel has all the idiot light in the top area above the gauge cluster and PNRD is on floor or column. Not to sure on the technical behind the gauge could be plug and play or could be a project. Hope this helps someone out thinking about this swap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk