Gm crate motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has been knockig since i got it with 135000 someone told me it was piston slap, but i dont know yhat much about motors, i work in a body shop. I guess i chose the wrong field lol. So i wanted to rebuild it but some told me its easier and better to just get a crate motor.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like (no pun intended) piston slap. You might be able to drive it like this for a while, but it sounds like she'll need a rebuild in the future. Luckily you have a lot of choices and just need to figure out what you'd want with your budget in mind.

I would like to rebuild it but make more hp and torque but dont exactly know what to do. Because everyone that i have talked to says that im limited due to the spider injection. It is also my dd, so i dont want it to fast.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im going to have to try that, on my next oil change. I hope that works, just because i would rather spend my income tax check on a lift instead of a motor. But what ever happens, happens.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not saying its a fix for everyone....but it should help out a bit...mine will start the tick or knock when its cold just in time for an oil change. With 305k miles and counting..I figure it owes me nothing and that if it gets to acting like an old woman...so be it. lol

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not saying its a fix for everyone....but it should help out a bit...mine will start the tick or knock when its cold just in time for an oil change. With 305k miles and counting..I figure it owes me nothing and that if it gets to acting like an old woman...so be it. lol

My problem is also, that my rear main and from main leak oil.. I go through about 2 quarts every 3 thousand miles. So i'm kinda stuck on what to do.