Glasspacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol I found the pics, on my phone obviously

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your truck is not OBD 2 then you don't need simulators this would be 1995 back. 1996 up needs them, or you have to tune the ECM to do away with rhe cats.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh it is very cheep. It wors as good as having cats, but the truck runs better, and gives better gas mileage . Mine have been on my truck for at least a year I never got a CEL once I installed them. To gut the cats, you need to remove them. I removed that section of the exhaust. The one closest to the flange can be accessed, no prob., but I had to cut the exhaust pipe off of the side to get to rhe cat. Once I knocked out all the honey comb with a steel rod and a hammer, I welded everything back together. Mine looks like there are still cats, but there is nothing in there you could simply just cut out the cats, and replace then with a section of straight pipe. I wanted mine to look like it still has cats. We don't have emissions testing, but we do have a state inspection. So if they look under the truck, it looks like the cats are still there.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh 1 more thing. The simulators only go on the 2 sensors behind the cats. You don't do anything to the 2 sensors infront of or on the engine side of the the cats. If you do the mod, let me know how you like it. There are a lot of little things you can do to the trucks to give you more power, but removing exhaust restrictions will also help gas mileage.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Thanks I'll definitely look into doing this as I'm trying to squeeze the best mpg out of it as possible as I do a ton of hwy driving.