Getting stuff ready for primer and paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the spray and in boxliner going to clear coat it. The top box rails and the front are cleared already once it cures enough to crawl around on I'll clear coat the rest off the boxliner.
You must be registered for see images attach

You don’t think the clear on the bed line will make it too slick? I’m about at the point to finish the top side of my box and do thyou bed liner. I sprayed the bottoms of the doors and rockers of the cab in rockguard and paint and clear and the finish is very slick to run your hand across I’m just wondering if the bed line would cause the same issues?
Thanks love the build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
You don’t think the clear on the bed line will make it too slick? I’m about at the point to finish the top side of my box and do thyou bed liner. I sprayed the bottoms of the doors and rockers of the cab in rockguard and paint and clear and the finish is very slick to run your hand across I’m just wondering if the bed line would cause the same issues?
Thanks love the build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its a bit slick the tops of the box are cleared now haven't had time to do the inside of the box yet.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I have too redo the hood one of the guys at work was being careless and was dusting off a combine and the hood and third dr and roof got a bit of dust I think I'm just going to buff the roof out best I can call it good and not sure might repaint the 3rd dr or might try color sanding it. Very fusterating but all a guy can do if fix the situation and carry on. These are my new rims they are 16 American racing polished aluminum rims. I had a hard time finding a set of rims I liked there was no way in hell I was going to get blacked out ugly rims I buy a set of rims I wa
nt them to shine like a diamond. I finally decided on these figured they would go great with the 14+style tow mirrors and the just suite these trucks just a nice simple clean style rim.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cant wait to see it done. Sounds Very similar to how j want my truck to look. I love them wheels ive been thinking and getting them.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Cant wait to see it done. Sounds Very similar to how j want my truck to look. I love them wheels ive been thinking and getting them.
Ya they should look sick. I have a vision of the truck in my head not to flashy but yet enough to catch attention. In my opinion all these Youngs kids spray painting there chrome black and blacking out the trucks make me shake my head. I have alot of money into my 98 Z71 I want shinny parts on it to show it off not to hide it. Granted I did order black running boards to help with road rash I ordered them black cause I want to hide them as much as possible it's in my opinion either you look at a black frame or black running boards every things else is either chrome or polished aluminum. Now I'll will be set back couple days thanks to the idiots I have to work with everyday.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya they should look sick. I have a vision of the truck in my head not to flashy but yet enough to catch attention. In my opinion all these Youngs kids spray painting there chrome black and blacking out the trucks make me shake my head. I have alot of money into my 98 Z71 I want shinny parts on it to show it off not to hide it. Granted I did order black running boards to help with road rash I ordered them black cause I want to hide them as much as possible it's in my opinion either you look at a black frame or black running boards every things else is either chrome or polished aluminum. Now I'll will be set back couple days thanks to the idiots I have to work with everyday.
Yeah i have a couple of used to be friends that have shiny black wheels, and a neighbor that has a 94 eclb with a 15” sas on 44s. He used to have some super nice 15” bullet holes and he sold them and got some 24x14 tis wheels, don’t get me wrong it looks pretty good but i want my truck to have an old school, classic look. It just looks so much cleaner on these trucks and makes them look like a real truck not a mall crawler. I’m going through the same thing as you though, i wanna paint my truck super nice but it’s gonna be used as a truck so theres no need to put a hugechunk of money into Paint. I do have a lot of body work that needs to be fixed. I would love to paint my truck a pearl white though. I may end up doing it but not sure if i want to or not. I do think your putting exactly the same stuff on your truck that I wanna put on mine, i.e wheels & mirrors. Btw them mirrors look baddd a$$ i love them. What brand are they?

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Yeah i have a couple of used to be friends that have shiny black wheels, and a neighbor that has a 94 eclb with a 15” sas on 44s. He used to have some super nice 15” bullet holes and he sold them and got some 24x14 tis wheels, don’t get me wrong it looks pretty good but i want my truck to have an old school, classic look. It just looks so much cleaner on these trucks and makes them look like a real truck not a mall crawler. I’m going through the same thing as you though, i wanna paint my truck super nice but it’s gonna be used as a truck so theres no need to put a hugechunk of money into Paint. I do have a lot of body work that needs to be fixed. I would love to paint my truck a pearl white though. I may end up doing it but not sure if i want to or not. I do think your putting exactly the same stuff on your truck that I wanna put on mine, i.e wheels & mirrors. Btw them mirrors look baddd a$$ i love them. What brand are they?
Thanks for noticing them mirrors they were alot of work to prep for paint I sanded all the textured plastic down smooth I got them off eBay I could send you a link in a day or two I'm in Saskatchewan Canada so our dollar is **** here in Canada as we have a fagit liberal running this country ( I'm Canadian but I'm a Trump supporter) but yup these GMT 400 already have a nice look as is by the way I got my paint code off a 2016 corvette I think it's called frost White. I don't really like Summit White it has to much of a yellowish look. And your right these trucks screem to have that classic look I was in high school in about 04 ish and I'm building this truck to the truck I wanted when I was in high school that I never could afford and now I can afford it just not perffesionally done Pluss I have one other thing I'm doing that I've bin doing four years to these style trucks that nobody else does I don't know why it look so good its a factory part color matched but nobody every paints these two certain parts not that I've ever seen anyway I'd like to tell you what they are but you'll have to wait a few more days

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Damn, sub'ing, I like where this is going! Love chrome.

Edit: where'd you get a new stainless steel bug shield? I would love to buy one, but can't find them anywhere.

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for noticing them mirrors they were alot of work to prep for paint I sanded all the textured plastic down smooth I got them off eBay I could send you a link in a day or two I'm in Saskatchewan Canada so our dollar is **** here in Canada as we have a fagit liberal running this country ( I'm Canadian but I'm a Trump supporter) but yup these GMT 400 already have a nice look as is by the way I got my paint code off a 2016 corvette I think it's called frost White. I don't really like Summit White it has to much of a yellowish look. And your right these trucks screem to have that classic look I was in high school in about 04 ish and I'm building this truck to the truck I wanted when I was in high school that I never could afford and now I can afford it just not perffesionally done Pluss I have one other thing I'm doing that I've bin doing four years to these style trucks that nobody else does I don't know why it look so good its a factory part color matched but nobody every paints these two certain parts not that I've ever seen anyway I'd like to tell you what they are but you'll have to wait a few more days
That’d be great if you could send a link to the mirrors! My truck is Olympic white but i want something with some flake in it just so it shines more lol. Can’t wait to find out what these two parts are!