Getting a loan for a Lift and Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Heck yeah! That's the way it should be. Be thankful for what you have but always try to improve yourself and better your situation. Always keep learning. The day you stop learning is the day you die inside.

^^^ word

Sent from my static android

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to find out if it was a good idea to get a loan on a lift, and if anyone has done it. Lol.... I didn't ask for a whole life lesson on what i should spend my money on

No you didn't, but you should listen to those that have been where you are and are giving you some of their life's experences. And best of all............it's FREE.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to find out if it was a good idea to get a loan on a lift, and if anyone has done it. Lol.... I didn't ask for a whole life lesson on what i should spend my money on

nope, no one has ever used a loan to buy a lift ever, and neither should you.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, im only 16... So i don't know much when it comes to loans, banking, etc.. But heres my story summed up:

I Got a job a few days ago, I have a bank account, etc. I get payed 7.5 an hour, which is what most of everyone gets payed in my school. Well, i have an issue.

I got the job to hopefully save up some money for a lift and tires for my truck, with the tires and lift and everything, its going to be around 1900$ for everything. So i was so excited to get this job, worked 2 days already, made 90$, extremely happy. Well.....

All 4 of the tires on my truck are bald and need replaced, 2 of which are leaking air and have nails in them. I was hoping i would be able to work everyday of the week for a few months and get the money, but from what my manager said, i was going to be working about 3 days a week.

The issue: I need tires NOW. I thought it could wait but it cant, and no way in hell will it pass inspection. I also can afford to drop hundreds into a new set when i have no money atm. I have to air up my back tires everyday because they are leaking so bad. I would plug them, but i have no tread on them.

My Question: Will getting a loan for a lift kit and tires be possible? and if so, has anyone on here done it and know the prices? I make enough money to pay a couple hundred a month, but i can't drive my truck until it gets new tires. Because im stuck driving my dad's car to and having to air up my truck's tires when i need to drive it. So ANY help would be appreciated..

Thanks everyone and have a nice day.
I haven't read all the replies, but I'll chime in anywho... Do not buy something unless you can pay for it in cash. Exceptions for when you are a bit older... a home mortgage and maybe an auto loan. When I was in high school/college, I had a full time job but I also did handy work, yard work, etc. to buy stuff for my truck. If you need something done ASAP to your vehicle for the sake of safety and being street legal, see if a family member will match you dollor for dollar on what you need done and in return you'll be responsible for paying back the deed whether monetarily or with a little sweat equity...

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
nope, no one has ever used a loan to buy a lift ever, and neither should you.

Agreed. Definitely stay away at this point. I'm almost 20 and still have t even thought about getting a loan for anything. Even if I did, I'd make sure I could pay it back and it would be on something that I absolutely had to do.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk