Getting a loan for a Lift and Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i know i keep coming back and posting but when i see someone your age about to do anything like this i think of all the stupid cap ive been through that has set me back in life. my first engine build was when i blew my headgaskets which ended up needing rings, then a crank. so it became a 383 which wasnt even worth putting in the truck i had at the time. then i lost 2500 bucks of a guy who scammed me out of the engine. money is valueable to those who dont have alot yea its easy to spend on what you want but everything you want will be detrimantal to your vehile in the long run. any lift with bigger tires and no regear or some of the things skimped out on will give you excess wear and tear on your truck. and when that happens how do you fix it when you just spent all your money on a lift and tires. you dont get to fix your trans, or front end, or rear end. what if your engine blows?

my truck i picked up for 1200 with the lift tires and all that. was it a good deal for all the goodies on it yes. but the guy knew no mechanicals whatsoever so im still replacing stuff, rebuilding the top end of the engine etc. BUY TIRES. screw your lift for now. save up when you have at least double what it would cost you to do a complete lift install.

i learned from many people in my camaro club that whatever you think youll spend double or triple it. because once you start messing with one thing you can easily get in a bind or snowball completely out of control with the project. happened to mew tih my 92/85 Z28/RS project. i had the 85 in rusted out condition and wanted to save it so 300 for a complete shell minus engine and trans and i tore the car apart hoping to swap parts over. then i said i need to opt for a new front end, new rear end, all stainless brakes, 4th gen interior, better wheels and tires, repaint, new shocks, new windshield, screw the 305 how bout a 6.0L with twins and a th400. i thought it was doable but everything would have taken me years to gather on a budget and i still would have been well over double what i estimated.

alot of us have been in your foot steps, made the wrong mistakes and paid for it. take our word, people take mine for granted but in the long run they know they shouldve listened.

my father used to say son if you dont listen to me then youll learn by yourself and you wont like it, ill be there for you when you screw up but dont expect overwhelming sympathy. i live by that saying. i stuck forks in electrical outlets when he told me not too as a baby and when i cried he held me and calmed me down but even i knew i shouldve listened to him because all hed ask is if i leanred my lesson, i said yes, and he said good and i went back to play.

buy your tires and nothing else its the smart way to go within your lifes current situation.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guidance is seriously needed. Having a bad ass truck should not be a priority especially as a 16 yr. old with a part time job that pays low.

Avoid loans and debt like the plague unless it is an absolute emergency. Even financing a vehicle is stupid imo.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I put it this way from my experience. I'm 19 got a job after baseball season started making money 35 hours a Week. I saved and saved and saved. $10 into my savings every Week still do it. Take out $30 spending money keep the rest in the bank. Make that $30 last you ain't got bills to pay!!!!
Finally after 5 Months I had just enough for everything I wanted and boom bought it with the little cushion I had next thing I know

$400 brakes
$200 intake manifold gasket

ANYTHING can happen! Save up get you a cushion plan it out and then buy that lift.
Tires are a need. Get you some craiglist tires. found mine for $300.

SAVE SAVE SAVE!!! stay away from credit/loans Like everyone else said

NO.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to find out if it was a good idea to get a loan on a lift, and if anyone has done it. Lol.... I didn't ask for a whole life lesson on what i should spend my money on

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I started this thread specifically to find out if it was a good idea to get a loan on a lift, and if anyone has done it. Lol.... I didn't ask for a whole life lesson on what i should spend my money on

Most people would assume if you wondered if that was a good idea that you had a lot of life lessons yet to learn. Haha

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Most people would assume if you wondered if that was a good idea that you had a lot of life lessons yet to learn. Haha

Haha. 16. got my first job 4 days ago. Still learning man. Lol from birth to death we all learn something new every day.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

oh well, it was coming with the question :lol:

Save up man! You'll have the money before you know it...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Haha. 16. got my first job 4 days ago. Still learning man. Lol from birth to death we all learn something new every day.

Heck yeah! That's the way it should be. Be thankful for what you have but always try to improve yourself and better your situation. Always keep learning. The day you stop learning is the day you die inside.