General Questions - Truck has been sitting for 1 year now...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't bought a pressure washer yet, so I'll probably just use the hose on the "jet" setting. I'll check out that purple power degreaser when I get to the parts store this weekend. Thanks for the advice guys.

I bought a new starter, but the damn eyelet for the thick wire is too narrow for the thick post on the starter (pardon my lack of terminology). The old starter, which I thought was original, was an AC Delco unit, and it was slightly smaller in size than the replacement (about 1/2" in total length - I thought nothing of it). Anyway, I'm hoping NAPA has a different model that will match up to that eyelet size so I don't have to run a new wire... I don't have enough slack to crimp a new eyelet on there... I'll update this thread with my progress.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If the engine does need replaced it sounds to me like your best bet in your situation would be to get a salvage yard engine. the problem with that is that most of the gmt400 stuff around now-A-days went through cash for clunkers.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im going to pick up my starter from the dealer today, its an AC Delco, only about $20-30 more than the parts stores around town. I like using OEM stuff whenever I can, when its not 6 times the price of aftermarket :D

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont forget to put the heat shield on. The POS, PO on mine didnt swap it over so now I have to pull a perfectly good starter to to put it on.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know the dealership still had the AC Delco starters. I'll call them here in a bit and see if they do. If so, direct fit! :D

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, don't waste your money on that junker. Its old and you deserve something newer. Tell you what, I will come up there from Texas with my pickup and trailer, and haul that old nasty Blazer off for you. Just so you don't have to look at it anymore. I won't even charge you. You will save time and money. You can take that money that I save you and put it into your Camaro. You like it better anyway.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Camaro doesn't deal with Indiana snowfall that well, so I'll decline your offer.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you can't blame me for trying. :evillol: Its hard to find those two door Blazers down here for a decent price. You're lucky to have it, I'm jealous. :)

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody feel free to jump in, but when I put a new starter in my '94 burb, there was two options for the starter. My suburban uses the mini-starter.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, you can't blame me for trying. :evillol: Its hard to find those two door Blazers down here for a decent price. You're lucky to have it, I'm jealous. :)

I was hoping you were being sarcastic. :lol: I wasn't sure how to respond to that one. If you're interested, I can track one down around here for very little money. I honestly never saw them until I owned one. Now it seems like everyone has one. I do wish mine was the '95+ model though, but I do love the color of mine.

Somebody feel free to jump in, but when I put a new starter in my '94 burb, there was two options for the starter. My suburban uses the mini-starter.

I can't remember the terminology, but I know what you're talking about. The small one is a gear reduction starter, or something like that, and the big boy is the standard starter. The difference in the size of those two variants is pretty big. The size difference between the AC Delco model I pulled out and the PepBoys Prostart starter was very minor - to the point that you had to have them side-by-side to see it.