Gen VI 454 vertical oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really didn’t think it would be so hard to find a simple vertical filter housing for a Gen VI big block l, but apparently it is. I’ve searched this site, google, summit, jegs, and even tried the parts stores. I cannot find one anywhere. All I can find is one for a small block or older big block I’m guessing because it’s too small. I’d rather get one instead of doing a remote filter setup. I need to do something though because my long tube headers hit the sideways filter. Can anybody provide a part number for me or tell me if it even exists?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
There's no housing. You need a nipple that screws into the block for the filter to screw onto..... I think the one on the angle adapter can simply be moved to the block. I'm not sure if any bypass needs to be moved/changed.

Will using the PH454 oil filter clear the driveshaft?

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no housing. You need a nipple that screws into the block for the filter to screw onto..... I think the one on the angle adapter can simply be moved to the block. I'm not sure if any bypass needs to be moved/changed.

Will using the PH454 oil filter clear the driveshaft?
What about the oil cooler lines then? I guess I was overthinking this. The vertical filter should clear the driveshaft with the lift kit. The front case is getting dropped 5.4” I think

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What about the oil cooler lines then? I guess I was overthinking this. The vertical filter should clear the driveshaft with the lift kit. The front case is getting dropped 5.4” I think

Your oil cooler lines, go directly to the block (well there are fittings that screw in first). Is this and engine swap?

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay yeah the oil cooler lines are a non issue. It’s been a minute since I’ve been out to the garage, remodeling the house. Anyway what I was wondering about is this diagonal hole going towards the crank. The nipple that you mentioned doesn’t seem to do anything about that. Will that be fine just inside the seal of the oil filter?

Attachments

• A95D6BAA-AA33-4BC5-884E-5A62DBC5751C.jpeg
    A95D6BAA-AA33-4BC5-884E-5A62DBC5751C.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: