Gen 3 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creekrat

Reaction score
I know this is about exhaust options but since it is for an LS swap I figured it'd be better in this forrum as opposed to the general gmt400 exhaust section. I am gathering parts to swap a LM7 with 4l60e in to my 93 rcsb 2wd. I know i can run the schoenfeld long tubes and was told that the nbs pacesetters would fit as well. The questions are

1. What other long tubes work in our trucks?

2. Will the stock nbs y pipe mount up without any issues if someone decided on that route?

3. If using the long tubes, what piping kit did you use? (i have been looking around at the different universal ones)

I know the long tubes would be better but this is a project for my 14 year old son and I that we are building for his first vehicle. The deal is that he pays me half of the total cost to build the truck and it's his, while I teach him how to wrench on things. For this reason, we are also trying to keep costs at a minimum. The all out turbo 6.0 build for dad will be after this one....lol

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The schenfeld headers are the best bang for the buck. The y pipe wont fit with out major mods done to it. I have a 92 ext cab with the lm7 5.3. I got 5.3 shorty headers on it with custom 2 1/2 in. dual exhaust. I did my own exhaust when I worked for the muffler shop.