GEARHEADZ - I need cam advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Sounds a lot better with that cam on it. Thanks for all the help guys! I'm looking around quick for more info on the swap...I take it that an LT1 is the stock cam. (I'm new, but learning quickly, thanks to all of you vets on here.)

http://store.gmperformanceparts.com...c roller (LT4 hot cam) &model=<!--24502586-->

Link for this info ^

Part # 24502586
Hydraulic roller (LT4 hot cam), (1.5 rocker)

Duration @ .050 Lift (deg): I: 218, E: 228
Maximum Lift (in) w/1.5 rocker: I: .492, E: .492
Lobe Centerlline (deg): 112
Technical Notes: Service only. For all V-8 engines with roller cams.
ABOUT THE LT4 CAMSHAFT: The LT4 camshaft P/N 24502586 was designed to be used in many different engines. The following change may be necessary for correct engine assembly: For LT1 and L98 engines (pre-1996) the dowel pin in the end of the camshaft must be pushed in so extension from end of cam is .30+/- .01. For 1996 LT1 and LT4 engines, the dowel pin is in the correct position extending .620 from the end of the camshaft. This cam has a fuel pump lobe.

Since you said I'm running 1.5 rockers and my lift max is .470, will I have to machine my heads to fit this in there, or if I change out my springs and stuff will I gain enough clearance? Again, thank you for listening to a complete idiot. :rocking:

Nevermind, you answered my question....lol, it's a standard blank, so it'll work for both Gen-1 and Gen-2 small block chevys. That actually looks to be like the same cam in my camaro in sig, it's a Generation-I(1) LT1.