G'day, Broken interior pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desperado

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am from Australia we don't have alot of GMT400's down under and it makes it very hard for me to find parts.

Anyway, I have a 1990 GMC C1500 Ext. Cab. I have a broken piece of trim that holds the hood liner up. It's up above the rear window in the cab. The piece was broken and discarded before I owned the vehicle so I have no idea what I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to buy this piece.

Very sorry if its already been posted but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

BTW my GMT400 is a rare right hand drive converted truck, I can post pics if anyone wants.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome
I'm not sure if anyone is making replacement pieces for that spot, I know what your talking about because I snapped mine. There's a couple guys on here that part out these trucks so they may be able help out, of course shipping would most likely more then the part though.
And I'd love to see a right hand drive, the more pics the better

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my headliner recovered last year. We have an auto upholstery shop next door to where I work. When he saw my truck, he said he would not pull that panel off. The clips that hold it on are metal, and go over a plastic tab that is molded onto the under side of that trim panel. As far as I know, it is the headliner, rear trim panel. Here are the pics of mine
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Desperado, there are a couple of people that part out these trucks in Australia. PM me and I'll give you some names - it will be much cheaper than sourcing from the States.

Thanks, I didn't know anyone over there parted these out over there. Thatll definitely be the better option then shipping from US

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The way it gets broken is people try to remove it first. The correct order is to remove the lower piece first, below the glass - pop the bottom of it forward, then lift upward to get it off the channel under the glass. Then, the side pieces (B pillar) have to come loose at the bottom and angle them inwards so they can be pulled out of the edges of that top piece above the glass; there are interlocking tabs that are held in by a screw at each end.

Getting tough to find these unbroken because so many have been damaged during improper removal, typically for headliner repair. FYI the piece is unique to extended cabs; the same part in a regular or crew cab is not even close to the same.

Richard