Gas gauge vibrating fast..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, new to the forum and love all the info. I have a problem with my gas gauge, it is moving back and forth rapidly that you really have to look at it to notice. It does keep fuel tank levels correctly but stil want to fix the problem...any sugestions??

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine does it to, PO replaced the pump already and it still has good pressure. I'm thinking its a ground or writing issue, just haven't had time to check it....

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I've heard several times that its the stepper motor in the cluster itself, mine does it as well.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it is the cluster itself, I have had a couple of them do that, vibrate so fast you can barely see the needle.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i have seen a ton of 95-2000 with that problem, always seems to be gas engine clusters, i don't think i have seen a diesel one do it yet.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how to replace the stepper motor? Or even where to get one?

I could get it done if I knew where to find a new stepper motor...if that's even what the problem is!