Gage needle fell off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this past weekend my speedometer needle fell off on the way home from work. I do not have access to a gps to stick it back on at the right speed. Any suggestions on what to do?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Load a free GPS/Speedo onto your phone. A good one for an Iphone is 'HUD Awesome'.
There's others for androids, too.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reason it can't be put back on with the truck running but stopped? I would imagine the gauge would be at 0, put the needle on to match.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I tried that. Wasn't very accurate when I got rolling.
Pop the gauges out & remove the clear plastic screen, then install it back into the truck.
I set mine while doing 60mph according to the GPS.
My '98 was easy with the cruise control.
The '97 without cruise was a PitA. Try to maintain a steady speed while trying to stick the needle on! The pin it goes on is pretty small! Took a couple of times, but eventually I got it.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh, that's odd that putting it on at 0 mph would cause it to be off once driving.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sticking it at zero would probably put my truck at least 5-7 mph off. When stopped it would sit past 0 and by the time I was at about 7 mph it would start lining up with the numbers on the dial. Well this seems like a good time to fix my cruise control. Lol