Fun weekend but she runs again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the Beast has been dumping oil out of the front seal, but it has been slow till recently. It got to the point where it would start to rattle and the oil pressure would drop and I would stop and dump in two quarts of oil and drive away. Since I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger lately that is all I have had time for. Friday it started to rattle and I dumped in two quarts - the rattle went away. I drove it a couple of miles and it started rattling again Dumped in two more quarts and drive it home and went down and picked up a new seal.

When I opened the drain plug it dumped out 9 quarts of oil. OOps. Well I pulled the oil pan and pulled the pump It was shot - rattled like a mother. Called the local parts houses and no one had one. (One of the perks of living in Podunk hollar) Ordered it from Autozone and it didn't come in. finally had to go out of town to get it.

Stuck all the parts together and fired her up. Oil pressure 55 at idle. No rattles. No drips. I do need to replace the exhaust flange donuts but I was hurting so bad when I got it running i really didn't care. I can do that blindfolded when I am not hurting so bad.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang that sounded like me when my oil pump went out rattling and clunking around plus the rear main seal was bad,but man its a nightmare when that stuff happens i think i spent more money on oil then the truck.but who can beat a chevy

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if you what to know me and my buddies took a honda civic out in the woods with some 31 in the front. alot of:superhack: i think we didnt have realy any more fenders left .But to the point is when we went out we bussied the oil pan and ran it like a wild horse and we had no oil realy come to there house and we were about 1/2 mile to the house then motor went.Stuipd crap we did the car was only for a paint ball gun and it had 300k on the car and windows didnt work so it was named the mud car

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have abused the crap out of a few engines that were scrap yard bound and have been surprised by how long some hold together. We Has Saturn that we tried to blow up for a long time and I finally dumped handfulls of ash an dirt down the intake before I died. Also had a Cavalier and a Sunfire that we had a demo derby with and finally cracked the block in both of them. that was fun.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol,its fun to break things and get it alittle muddy.But what can you say you can find a junker for about 300 bucks runs and works and go out and trash it jump sand dunes and crap.Sometimes its funnier to got out in the woods with a frontwheel drive car its kinda like 4 wheel.But main point did you replace the oil pump with a high volume or a stanard one.I put in a stock one in mine buddys truck and its at 45 or so cold and 25 warm.What is the oil pressure expostobe ?