fuel line replacement vendor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the rear fuel lines on my 99 c3500 5.7L cclb are toast.

where is everybody getting their prebent lines from?
how was the pricing & product?

this is what I found:
inlinetube.com does not stock for my setup, but can get for me for $165 shipped. has not confirmed line count or metal type.

linestogo.com stocks my setup, $159 w/ free shipping
https://www.linestogo.com/gmc-truck...wd-crew-cab-8-ft-bed-5-7l-7-4l-fl246-c2b-set/ looks to be good?

rockauto.com = $145.79 + $32.99 shipping
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4757343&cc=1355015&jsn=438

partsgeek.com , nothing for a crew cab

any thoughts/ideas?

i'm pulling the bed & cap to do the job. I already acquired a stainless prebent kit from inlinetube. so i'll be doing both sets @ the same time.

next year i'll look into replacing the fwd fuel lines as some meathead patched the line because antiseize wasn't used on the filter threads.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Frankly, I prefer to make my own lines. Lots of money to be saved that way, and it's not all that bad to work with if you use nickel-copper or nylon tubing instead of steel. My truck has NiCopp for the brake line and nylon for the fuel lines.

Custom fuel lines are also a great opportunity to change the fuel filter setup to one that uses quick-connects instead of threaded fittings. This filter is a common GM part that was used on a wide variety of vehicles, readily available at any parts store. And the diameter is identical to the stock one, so it fits perfectly in the bracket.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Do those nylon quick connects connect directly to the fuel pump? The OP an I have metal quick connects at the fuel pump... well the pump outlets are plastic, but the connector on the line is metal. I'd love to replace my rusting fuel line, but I have no idea what the connectors are called, or how they're sized, or how to shape/flare the line ends, in the case of metal. Nylon seems easier, but I still have no idea on the connectors.

Did you buy a tool to crimp those Oetiker clamps?

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I carefully used end cutting "nippers", and was able to pinch the ear clamps closed without cutting through. But I've since picked up a proper crimping tool and use that instead now.

It's been a couple of years since then (no leaks BTW), and I don't recall if these quick connects are the same as at the tank. I'll have to look through my receipts. The filter is the same one that my old '92 LeSabre used to take, and you can see the whole application list if you look up Wix 33484.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Frankly, I prefer to make my own lines. Lots of money to be saved that way, and it's not all that bad to work with if you use nickel-copper or nylon tubing instead of steel. My truck has NiCopp for the brake line and nylon for the fuel lines.

Custom fuel lines are also a great opportunity to change the fuel filter setup to one that uses quick-connects instead of threaded fittings. This filter is a common GM part that was used on a wide variety of vehicles, readily available at any parts store. And the diameter is identical to the stock one, so it fits perfectly in the bracket.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am interested in looking to this as a an option as I live in a high salt area. most of my are original, but have benn patched a few times. so i'm replacing everything front to back while its open.

how did you mate the fwd section of the line @ the engine end?
how expensive was the conversion for you? I know it might vary a little, just to me in a ballpark.
do you recall the name of the tool?

thanks in advance

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember how much tubing I used. I did the whole system, from the tank all the way to the throttle body and back, plus the evap stuff. No splices. The parts store took back everything I didn't use, so my receipts are kind of a mess and I'm not sure what my total cost ended up being. I just know that I ended up paying for the tubing by the foot instead of full rolls. Some of it was 3/8", and the rest 5/16".

I spent close to $60 on fittings, but I bet you could find better deals if you shop around online. Looks like all the stuff that I used was S.U.R. brand. KP020 is the part number for the 3/8" quick connects at the fuel filter. You'd have to figure out the rest though, since you have different connections at the pump. Mine are threaded...

So I guess my list of fittings here is TBI-specific after all. Well, since I've got the list handy right now, I'll go ahead and add it to deadbeat's Nylon Fuel Lines thread for future reference.