fuel line issues with throttle body spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
While in the process of installing a transdapt throttle body spacer on my truck today, I used the recommended extension but the fuel line started spraying everywhere when I started my truck. I ended up having to remove the throttle body spacer and hook things back up in the stock configuration. I was able to connect the passenger's side fuel line without using the extension and it did not leak. The driver's side is about 1 inch short. I would like to be able to connect the fuel line without using the extension. There is definately enough fuel line to connect to the throttle body with the spacer in place but he line seems to be connected to the top of the bell housing somehow. Does anyone happen to know if there is a bracket that holds the line in place? If anyone has a picture that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

90K1500
rcsb
350/LO5
4lm60
np241

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fuel lines are bolted to the bell housing. Remove the nut and you will have enough slack.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. Do you have any idea what size the bolt is? (I.e. 5/8, 9/16 etc)

Eric

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Is it located directly behind the engine or offset to one side? I cant see anthing back there.

Eric

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the 6.5 we were pulling today, it was a 13mm on a stud and it will be on the top drivers side bell housing bolt.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the 13mm nut on stud but that appeared to be for a brake line. The bracket that holds my fuel lines appears to be wedged between the block and bellhousing. That same stud goes through the center of the bracket. I removed the stud and loosened the two adjacent studs but was unable to pry the bracket free due to tight clearances. Talk about frusterating! I can't imagine that I have to separate the engine and tranny completely to free this bracket. I've considered cutting it but I don't believe ill be able to get a tool in there to do so. Not sure what route I'm going to take at this point. I really wish the adapters didn't leak.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but the only one I could find with the same issue I'm having. How the heck do you get to that nut? The instructions just say "remove the nut and the stud, separate the lines and reinstall the stud, bracket and nut without the fuel line clamp. I've tried to get to it from below (I can barely reach it to get a finger on it) and I cant get it from the top easily either. Big wiring harness and vacuum lines in the way. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get this dang thing off so I have enough slack in the fuel lines to install the spacer?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You'll need to bleed a little. That's what it took for me to get the lines out of that bracket so I could permanently install a fuel pressure test fitting behind the TBI on my '94.

Richard