Front control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys have replaced them befor on a 1992 chey 1500?
Mine are shot and wanted to kno what tools and stuff to get for it?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did mine on my 91 I pulled the arm off an had a shop replace the bushing. Also if your going to pull the arms off to do the bushings I would also do the balljoints

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first did mine I used polyurethane bushings from Energy Supsension. The lowers were good but the uppers dont replace the inner (or outer) meter sleve. On my 92 the OE metal sleve was wore/erroded and cause the upper bushing to wear out in no time. 2nd time around bought bushing from CarQuest and they were complete with the inner sleve, rubbers and outer sleves, been in the truck for close to 2 years now and still tight.

For tools a large vise or press is ideal. All I had was a small bench vise and some torches. Burned old bushings out and used vise to get new bushings in place. For the CarQuest bushing I did have to take the arms to get the outer sleves pressed out.

You will also have to unload the torsion bars to drop the lower control arm to change the bushings.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did on my 88,,it was a *****
i melted and beat the old ones out then pressed the new ones in,,throw them puppys in the freezer btw,,makes em shrink a lil

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969