front clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 1995 chevy i need to replace the whole front clip core support and both fenders i want to take it off together as a unit whats easy way to do that tips and tricks please

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a reason you want to take it off as a unit? IMO, it's probably easiest to take it off piece by piece. Especially if it's a one man job.

I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago for my C1500, minus the fenders. For me, the biggest issues were removing the couplings for the air conditioning condenser, transmission oil cooler (if you have one), the core support to frame mounting bolts, and the metal lines running to your radiator. All of these fasteners were seized. So make sure that you use a liberal amount of liquid wrench, or some other type of penetrating oil - not WD-40 - and make sure to let it soak in. Spray and respray if you have to. Oh, and make sure to use the correct size sockets and line/boxed end wrenches.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
core support is bent im just going to replace fenders and inner fenders and core together as a unit

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, ok. I thought you meant trying to take it off in one whole piece, like a fiberglass front end.