Front and rear buckets in a crew cab? Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Likin' the seats in there! Looks good!
I see what you mean about the console. How does the lower contour fit to the floor?
I'd measure the height dif as compared to the front console/seats & trim the bottom in the exact same shape as it is now, if that lower contour is acceptable as it is.
Looks to be about 4" higher than the front console. Will that be too much before the inner box prevents it from being lowered that amount?
A dremel with a diamond tip wheel on a medium speed works well for cutting that plastic. A file will clean up any burrs or rough edges. Do less than what you think it needs to start. You can always take off more. Pretty hard to put it back!
You've got 3. (3!) One is just gonna have be sacrificed! Lol!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm 50/50 on the console. i guess i can try it, i have an extra. lol Your right, i could easily use a dremel to modify it to fit the floor countour.

As far as the seats, I'm going to need to build a subframe for the inner seat frame, probably 1" to 1 1/4" tall. Like David (88GMCTruck) said, the outer bolts bolt right in. The inner subframe will allow the seats to sit even and be secured with four bolts to the floor. The only floor countour issue is on the passenger side, however i will be able to make the seat subframe work around it. Basically the subframe will bolt to the truck floor and the seat will bolt to the subframe. Just planning on using some square tubing, and i'll paint it to match the burgundy seat frame. A little welding will make it all work :)

Last edited:

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks much better than I originally thought it would. I would keep going on this route, you've got a pretty special unique truck.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Thats kind of what i was thinking.... 3 year project finally starting to come together.

This interior idea just came to me after finding another set of bucket seats at a good price and putting the idea together. Definitely going to be one of a kind, especially since i'm using all original interior parts. The goal is to make it look like it was a factory option.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm using all original interior parts. The goal is to make it look like it was a factory option.

Other than the (stupid!) 2/4 drop on my '97, that's what I've tried to do. Use as many factory parts as I can, not only in the interior, but through the whole truck.
Just to make people go..."Hmmm!"

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm eating my words... Just today I found a new truck at the local junkyard that had two perfect 95+ mirrors. Got them for $50 and put them on the '92 tonight.:Big Laugh: