Front and rear buckets in a crew cab? Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well considering the rear set is just a front, the outside bucket brackets should bolt right up. Which means the inner portion should need spaced up, and where the fuel tank portion is trimmed to fit over it. Seems pretty simple to me. For the center I would just make a false center hump where the console goes and mount the OEM console there. Or find a second console and make a tall version.

I think when I swap my rear seat out I'm going to put a SUV 40/60 rear seat in the truck, I like the idea being able to fold it flat.
Do you have any links on that?

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well considering the rear set is just a front, the outside bucket brackets should bolt right up. Which means the inner portion should need spaced up, and where the fuel tank portion is trimmed to fit over it. Seems pretty simple to me. For the center I would just make a false center hump where the console goes and mount the OEM console there. Or find a second console and make a tall version.

I think when I swap my rear seat out I'm going to put a SUV 40/60 rear seat in the truck, I like the idea being able to fold it flat.

I just messed with it again last night, outsides line up, no problems there. The DS rear seat just needs a spacer like you said to bring it up to level. Basically i'll fab up an inner subframe to bring that seat to level, then i'll bolt the subframe to the cab and the seat to the sub frame.

The countour in the floor is blocking the inner rear bolt hole on the PS seat. The other three bolts would work just like the drivers side. So what i'll have to do is basically work to build a bracket to accommodate floor countour for the passenger side. Still something I can easily fabricate. After really thinking over and sketching it out last night I think I can easily make it work as far as the seats. Just will require fabrication.

As far as the console, would you guys run dual consoles? I kinda think that would look goofy, but I have two consoles if I want to do it. I want to make it look like it was a factory option if possible.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I thought about using a center console out of a 73-87 truck

That was one of the first things I thought of...

I would run two consoles if I did it myself.

x2.
One of my friends had a Harley F-150, his back seat was two buckets with a center console. I thought it was really cool
You must be registered for see images

I also looked at a Navigator for my mother once, it had a rear center console in the middle row as well. I really like that look.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I'll set it in there and see what It looks like. I think even though its going from a 6 person vehicle to a 4 person vehicle, it will still be worth it. Definitely will be unique that's for sure.

I still can't believe I've found 2 sets of the 93-94 burgundy buckets and 3 88-94 burgundy center consoles... those are getting harder to find.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I hope this works. 2 + 2 pickup or pickup with 2nd row captain's chairs is cool in my book.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I think I'm going to be able to make it work. I'll just have to manufacture a sub frame for the inner part of the seat, it should work out fine.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll set it in there and see what It looks like. I think even though its going from a 6 person vehicle to a 4 person vehicle, it will still be worth it. Definitely will be unique that's for sure.

I still can't believe I've found 2 sets of the 93-94 burgundy buckets and 3 88-94 burgundy center consoles... those are getting harder to find.
I wish we had junkyards as luscious as that in north Alabama. Best you could find for 20 miles is a pair of cracked mirrors. Buncha damn vultures around here..:Stupid Me:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well i didn't get the bucket seats from a junk yard, just the bench seat. Most junkyards around here don't have crap... Both sets of buckets came from craigslist... same with the 3 consoles..

Here is what it looks like with twin consoles.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm "meh" about it. I mean i could deal with it, but idk. We'll see. Even with leveling the console it sits way too high. I'll have to trim the back of the console so i can set the rear way lower. Because it towers over the armrests and the other console. I mean this is all stuff i can make work, i just don't like hacking up stuff like that. I started mocking up subframes for the seats, should be able to use the seats without modifying the seat themselves.

Additionally, the truck got a facelift. New smoothie chrome bumper. Really ties the whole front end together IMO.

You must be registered for see images attach