Fresh Meat!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day to everyone. I'm LAMogo and am currently living in Lakeview, Oregon. I just recently acquired a '92 K1500 extended cab short box for next to nothing.

As a little introduction I'll just say I love cars so I have a new DD just about every other week. As a good life rule I try to stick to just one project at a time, and I currently have four, so I feel I'm doing pretty good. I have a 1952 Ford Tudor Sedan that will be sold perhaps when the season picks back up. I have a 1969 Ford F350 somebody previously had done a Perkins 6.354 swap in and added a Brownie Aux transmission. And 1990 F250 with a 460 that I converted to a DRW. And don't forget about the '92 I previously mentioned. I also just sold off a 1982 J10 that I am waiting for the auction winner to pick up soon. My current daily is a 96 Aurora with the 4.0l. I'll be selling it here soon since many locals are going to be tax rich for a day or two and will be looking for a new car I suppose. Need to sell the 4.0l before the head gasket goes as they all will at some time in that engine.

My hopes with my K1500 is to replace my 1990 F250 as my tow rig. I grew up in a Chevy household and would rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford but when I was in the position to buy a tow rig I was reminded that there is no such thing as a cheap old Chevy pickup. I picked up my F250 running and driving for $500. However, I just picked up this current truck for $250 and drove it home.

The previous owner had said the truck had an overheating problem but there was no water in the oil or vice-versa. When I got it home, 3 block drive, I threw 3 gallons of coolant in it and couldn't figure out were it all went until I pulled the dipstick. I'm pretty sure the truck needed at one point a head gasket replaced but PO drove it until it got so hot and put water in it and cracked the block. Nevertheless, a new engine is in store for this fine five-owner gem. Since this will be a truck I want for myself and for towing I am considering a BBC swap and that is what has led me to your website. Hope in a few more days I'll have an opportunity to explain more about my project and pick some brains to see what I am getting myself into. Thanks and look forward to meeting you.