Free Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So, today i get a phone call from a friend, he says a guy that works for him has a truck with a 6" fabtech lift and 36's and he wants to take it off but needs the stock parts. He thought i had a lift and wanted to see if i would sell them. But i offered to trade him my stock parts for his lift, if he has all/most of the parts and nothing is tore up or bent. I told him i wouldnt have time till after hunting season and he was ok with that. i also told him his front diff would not go back in due to cutting off the top mount on the diff. and he said he didnt care if it had 4wd or not, he just wants it back lowered on stock size tires. So obviously this is a knuckle lift which i dont care for because of the track width, but if its free.... so my thoughts where if its in decent shape i will put it on my truck. put the stock sawblades on with my boggers and get 1.5"/2" spacers in the rear to keep the tires about where they are now. what are y'alls thoughts and opinions on this?

heres a pic of the truck on the sawblades with the boggers. i could not turn much at all and the rear tires rubbed the leaf springs.

You must be registered for see images attach

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
:O i'd say get it up there on a free lift, you won't need your stock parts once the SAS is done..!

As long as everything on the Fabtech lift checks out to your standards, I say give er!!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Oh, and I do plan on leaving the body lift and decranking the lift so It the CV's are flat.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
:O i'd say get it up there on a free lift, you won't need your stock parts once the SAS is done..!

As long as everything on the Fabtech lift checks out to your standards, I say give er!!

This is true. Next step (later down the road) will be a SAS, so I won't ever need my stock stuff again.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
And according to Fabtech's website stock wheels can be run. Anyone have pics of some trucks with Fabtech lifts and stock rims or rims with stock backspacing?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
6" Fabtech, 3" BL, decranked, sticking with the boggers or are you getting the 36s from him aswell? He won't need em... :p

You said you couldn't turn much with the boggers, will the increased track width be a positive or negative effect on that? Not sure..

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
6" Fabtech, 3" BL, decranked, sticking with the boggers or are you getting the 36s from him aswell? He won't need em... :p

You said you couldn't turn much with the boggers, will the increased track width be a positive or negative effect on that? Not sure..

2 of the 36's are brand new 2 and bald. I will only take them if they are free! Lol.

And the track width increase will help with the stock rims. Pretty much like taking the stock wheels and making them stick out 2" on each side.