Frame rotted at steering box - K2500 Suburban - Interchanges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobK

Reaction score
So my frame completely disintegrated at the steering box. Finding a K2500 Suburban in the yards is virtually impossible in my area. Will the forward frame section (ahead of the control arm mounts) from any other trucks work? I'm guessing that the front section from a pickup is probably the same but I wouldn't put any money on it. I spent some time under some K1500 pickups today and they LOOK the same, but I'm not 100% certain. At a minimum, the configuration with the front crossmember, sway bar bracket, etc. looks exactly the same.

Anyone else been down this road before? I know there are dozens of different frames under GMT400 trucks, but it seems that the bulk of the differences are from the firewall back. And of course differences in materials. I'd just fab up some patches if I had the time, but this section of the frame is tied to the crossmember and is "dished out" for the steering box. A quick section and swap would be the quickest solution at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: